“The bigger the population gets, the more serious problems become.”
“The bigger the population gets, the more serious the problems become…. We have to address the population issue. The United Nations, with the U.S. supporting it, took the position in Cairo in 1994 that every country was responsible for stabilizing its own population. It can be done. But in this country, it's phony to say ‘I'm for the environment but not for limiting immigration.’”
Senator Gaylord Nelson (RIP), Earth Day founder
Consequently, the United States' Population continues to Grow, primarily from Immigration-generated population growth — from 150 Million people in 1950 to over 330 Million today propelled by nearly 2 Million Legal Immigrants per year and hundreds of thousands of Illegals per year.
Africa alone is on track to grow from 1.3 Billion today to 6.1 Billion in 2100 as a result of very high Fertility Rates!
Bottom Line: The Pressure to Immigrate to the USA and Western Europe will only intensify.
And the Fertility rates of Native-born American women continue to be below Replacement Level of 2.1 Children per woman.
So how do we help ourselves and an increasingly Overpopulated world?
Answer: found in the Studies of Prof. Anne Brittain, U. of Miami:
“Two problems of the Caribbean region are the large scale migration of ambitious and educated youth, and sustained high birth rates....migration rates positively influence birth rates.....(!) with increases in emigration followed by increases in birth rates.....(!!!)”Abstract of [Anticipated Child Loss to Migration and Sustained High Fertility rates, Social Biology 38/1/91
— Thus Demographer Dr. Anne Brittain has demonstrated that immigrant-receiving countries help cause higher Fertility Rates in the overpopulated Sending Countries simply by allowing the prospective migrants to come!
The conclusion is: Dramatically reducing Immigration would drive fertility decline in the over-populated sending countries and, in the long run, helps them and us. Not only does allowing mass immigration allow over-populated countries to continue with very high fertility rates, it contributes to immediate environmental problems. For example, “Mass immigration-driven population growth since 1991, when the Kyoto Agreement was signed, has contributed twice as much GHG emissions in Canada as the Albert Tars Sands Project”. John Meyer, founder of ZPG Canada and head of Canadians For Sustainability.
Most immigrants move in order to raise their standard of living. In fact, most do raise their standard of living, and this also raises their level of polluting emissions!
“On average, each immigrant, upon arrival to the United States, quadruples his GHG emissions.”L Kolankiewicz, wildlife biologist, analyst and author.“If we had the population level that we did in 1750, we could use any energy source we like.”James Lovelock, orginator of the Gaia Hypothesis
— And the USA increasingly suffers from Farmland and Natural Habitat loss (One Acre lost to development for each person added to the US population! Cornell university study) and Urban Areas from Population-Growth-Generated Crowding, and increased costs for overburdened schools, health care, and taxpayers. All these problems have as their Root Cause Immigration-Generated Population Growth.
— Nearly 100% per cent of California's 400,000/yr (U.S. Census Bureau) growth is caused by Immigration. And California Legislators are considering a $1.3 Billion program to build Affordable Houses for those who cannot pay for them, but have no acceptable place to live.
— And certain purblind economists claim we need population growth to increase GDP. Yes, population growth often increases aggregate GDP, but virtually always DECREASES PER CAPITA GDP..... a better measure of the Wealth of a Nation. Also, Automation, Robotics, and some High Tech developments all contribute to increased GDP without needing an increased population to do so.
“The focus on per capita consumption is meaningless without taking into account the number of 'capitas'.”Dr. Albert Bartlett, Professor Emeritus, University of Colorado (RIP).“The raging monster upon the land is population growth. In its presence, sustainability is but a fragile theoretical construct. To say, as many do, that the difficulties of nations are not due to people but to poor ideology or land-use management is sophistic.”E.O. Wilson, famed Harvard researcher and author“Overpopulation is perhaps the biggest problem facing us, and immigration is part of the problem. It has to be addressed.”David Brower, Nobel Peace Prize nominee, former Executive Director of the Sierra Club USA, in his message of resignation from the Sierra Club board of directors before his death.
And of course, there are many other Negative Consequences to continuing to allow Mass Legal and Illegal Immigration:
In March 2016: Immigrant Displacement of American Workers hit an all-time high!
Total Household Survey employment rose 246,000, up by 0.2%“Native-born”—American—employment fell by 32,000, down by 0.03%“Foreign-born”—immigrant—employment rose by 278,000, up by 1.1%Ed Rubenstein, vDare.com
BALANCE's SOLUTION IS REAL:
BALANCE needs your help NOW to implement our 2016-2017 Victory Initiative Action Plan and to STOP the worsening Crisis! Encourage your Representatives to enact:
1) THE ONLY SOLUTION: A Zero-Net All-Inclusive, i.e., including “Refugees” and “Aslyees”, MORATORIUM on Legal Immigration — this would still allow 100,000 to 150,000 thousand Immigrants to obtain legal residence annually. That number — still large — compares with an estimated 1.5 million or more aliens now admitted legally to the USA annually. A Zero-Net Moratorium is Essential not only because of the extraordinary costs to Taxpayers saddled with providing Billions of Dollars’ worth of “Free” benefits to most of the Legal immigrants and illegal aliens, but also to protect our Natural Environment from Degradation and unsustainable resource use. Drastically Reduce or eliminate H1b and related programs that bring workers and their families into the U.S., taking more American jobs and further depressing wages. and increasing Green House Gas Emissions.
Thus the Reps. Brat (R-VA) and Hice (R-GA) Bill, H.R. 604, which would end Chain Migration and enhance Enforcement, is definitely a step in the Right Direction, as is the Refugee Program Restoration Act (HR4731-Goodlatt R-VA) which would reduce the refugee cap to 60,000 annually, but we really do need a Moratorium!
BALANCE supports other excellent Bills as well:
S2266 Grassley (R-Iowa) Durbin (D-Ill) would prohibit replacement of American Workers by H1B or L-1 Visa Holders and prohibit more H1(B) if more than 50% of their workers are already on these Visas. And the “Protection of Children” Act (S2561 — Sessions R-Ala and Johnson R-Wisc) would return children to their families in their Home Countries but pushing a Moratorium is priority #1.
2) No More Amnesties or Sanctuary Cities — Amnesties reward Illegal Behavior with increasingly Tragic Consequences. “Sanctuary City” laws are de facto Amnesties and should be defunded and outlawed. Support “Mobilizing Against Sanctuary Cities Act”, HR 3002 – Rep. Barletta (R-PA) and “Enforce the Law for Sanctuary Cities Act”, HR 3309 – Rep. Hunter (R-CA) and HR 1148 – Gowdy (R-SC) which would empower local law enforcement to enforce Federal Immigration laws, as well as companion bills in the Senate. Were it not for Sanctuary City laws and Open Borders policies, those many victims murdered or injured by Illegal Aliens in San Francisco, San Antonio, Las Vegas, New Jersey, Arizona, and Laredo, Texas and elsewhere might be alive and well today.
For those who say it is already “too late” to save America, we respond that, unless we act NOW, the Situation will become Worse, MUCH WORSE. UNLESS WE ACT NOW! IF we do not succeed, a “Third World Hell Hole” is surely in our Future and the Paris Massacres are a Warning!
3) Enforce Immigration Laws — Secure the Borders: Existing laws relating to Legal Immigration and Border Security are not being enforced, primarily because of the Obama Administration's Unconstitutional Executive Orders including tying the hands of our Border Patrol, as Arizona Sheriff Babeu has documented.
4) No Citizenship for the US-born Offspring of Illegal Aliens or Visitors: “Birth Tourism” has become a flourishing Industry in the USA, and, understandably so, since babies born in the USA are deemed (based on a judicial misinterpretation of the 14th Amendment) to be Citizens. As Citizens, they can bring their parents and other relatives into the USA as permanent legal residents — on average, seventeen relatives per Anchor Baby — eligible for Citizenship, as well as Billions in “free” Medical Care, Education, Welfare payments, Food Stamps and other taxpayer funded benefits.
5) STOP the TPP TRADE DEAL! The TPP would not only require “free movement of persons” among member nations (of which Mexico is one), but also establish an International Commission which could Negate/Override the power of the USA to set its own immigration policy. As well Service Providing Companies in ANY of the Member Nations could send into the USA unlimited numbers of their service providing personnel to compete with American workers, thus depressing American workers wages and eliminating many of their Jobs. The Job-Killing TPP must be stopped!
The ONLY Solution to keeping the Mass Immigration-generated Crises from getting much, much worse is to push the Administration and Congress to enact a zero-net MORATORIUM on Legal Immigration and seal the Borders to stop Illegal Immigration. Eisenhower Administration policies showed that many illegal aliens self-deport when authorities get tougher, as President Eisenhower did when he deported nearly 2 Million Illegals in the 1950s. Thus the claim that Mass Deportation or Mass Legalization are the only options is a FALSE CHOICE. And we must push NOW so that we can generate increasing support for Bills to be enacted ASAP, but realistically no later than when a New President is in office in the Spring, 2017.
From a Political-Strategic Perspective, pushing a zero-net Moratorium is the ONLY WAY to delegitimize the whole Policy of Mass Immigration . Also, pushing a Moratorium is Essential to maximize Political Pressure to get some Reductions at least. BALANCE’s Moratorium Push MAXIMIZES Political Pressure NOW and thus is the most efficient use of our Activists’ time and money.
Refusing to push a Moratorium (as certain Inside-the-Beltway and other Mass Immigration [de facto ] Management Groups do), is a Recipe for Failure as the past three decades have shown, since that is merely Defensive.
Such a Refusal is, indeed, Counterproductive —merely pushing for “immigration reform,” legitimizes the continuation of Mass Immigration because it sends the message that Mass Immigration is OK if we just tweak it a little bit. And it is even worse to push for “Controlled Immigration for the National Interest” or for the two-decades old Jordan Commission Recommendation that Immigration be cut by a third, because that sends the message that Mass Immigration IS in the National Interest. We are far beyond the Point where pushing to merely cut Mass Immigration by a third or a half is an effective Political or Demographic or Security Strategy.
And a cut by a third or even a half does NOT put the USA on the path to Sustainability. Rather, it just delays the Inevitable Disintegration and Degradation for a very few years. As well, being merely Defensive increases the chances of passage of Bad Bills, e.g., Illegal Alien Amnesties, and the Issuance of Unconstitutional Executive Orders.
Pushing a zero-net Moratorium is key as an objective because it is reasonable and Essential for long-term environmental and Personal Protection and for providing Sufficient Resources, INCLUDING WATER and FOOD and Money, for survival. Today, we are in the process of exceeding our long-term Carrying Capacity. We must Reverse Course NOW!
In sum, a zero-net Moratorium is The Necessary Condition for achieving U.S. Population Stabilization, long term Environmental Protection, Budgetary Solvency in State and Local Government (especially for our Health Care and Educational Institutions), Tax Reduction, Unemployment Reduction, Social and Cultural Cohesion and Personal Safety… and for protection of our Food and Water Supplies!
Mass Immigration is thus NOT “Just about the Numbers” as one Management Group claims. WE ARE FACING A MANY-MONTHS-LONG SERIES OF BATTLES ON THESE ISSUES, extending well into 2017. So PLEASE Help BALANCE Intensify our push for a zero-net Moratorium and the other Victory Initiative Positions!
Certain Well-Funded Cheap Labor Advocates on the Right, and Ethnic Power and Government Benefits Recipients on the Left, are pushing hard for further implementation of President Obama's Mass Illegal Alien Amnesty, AND FOR MASSIVE INCREASES IN LEGAL IMMIGRATION, including Refugees and Asylees!
Only our Massive Grassroots Effort can stop them! Phone Calls or Office Visits followed by Snail Mail letters are most effective (emails are often ignored and fax machines can be turned off). And please consider that BALANCE is greatly outspent by the Cheap Labor Lobby and various Ethnic Power Lobbies.
So Please Help BALANCE Intensify our push for the aforementioned ASAP! Coalition Initiatives, TODAY, NOW!
BALANCE very much needs you to make a Tax-Deductible Donation TODAY. Please DONATE at our website: www.balance.org or, to donate via U.S mail, please send to:
Population-Environment Balance | P.O. Box 268 | San Francisco, CA 94104
Population-Environment Balance | P.O. Box 268 | San Francisco, CA 94104
Washington, DC address:
Population-Environment Balance | 1629 K Street NW, Suite 300 | Washington DC, 20006
BALANCE is anti-Mass-Immigration, not anti-immigrant.
BALANCE is the leading National Organization publicizing information regarding the Threat of Mass Immigration-generated population growth to our Environment, Nation, Budgets and Personal Safety.