Ed Rubenstein, writing at vDare.com, wisely asks: “… about the impact of second generation immigrants—U.S. born persons with at least one immigrant parent? They accounted for 8 per cent of the total working age population in 2012, according to the same Pew Research Center study. At 15.5 million, they were nearly half as large as the foreign-born population itself, because immigrants on average have a higher fertility rate than the native born population.
Moreover, no longer do many men come alone to find work. In FY2015 44,524 Illegal Family Units were caught crossing the Border, compared to 39,838 apprehended last year. (Dept. of Homeland Security)
If current Mass Legal and Illegal Immigration Trends continue, by 2050 41.4% of the USA’s working age population will be of very recent immigrant stock (Pew Research study).
The traditional white and black populations of the United States are being overwhelmed by newcomers who may, or may not, wish to assimilate into US customs, values, and business culture If current Mass Legal and Illegal Immigration Trends continue, by 2050 41.4% of the USAs working age population will be of very recent immigrant stock (Pew Research study). Including the school age and younger US population, more than 50% will be the descendants of recent decades’ immigrants.
A conservative estimate is that, by 2050 the number of second generation immigrants will triple, to 46.4 million. Between 2012 and 2050, second-generation immigrants will account for more than half the growth in U.S. working-age population.
IMMIGRANTS AND THEIR CHILDREN AS A PERCENT OF THE WORKING-AGE
(Author's extrapolations of Pew Research Data.)
Source: Pew Research Data
Pew Research projects that by 2050 41.4% of the U.S. working age population will be of “immigrant stock,” i.e., immigrants or children of immigrants. This will be the highest immigrant stock share in modern history.
Working-age Immigrant Generations, 2012-2050(Millions of adults ages 18 to 64)2012 2050 proj. % increaseImmigrants (1st Generation) 32.4 59.2 82.7%2nd Generation 15.5 46.4 199.4%Immigrant stock 47.9 105.6 120.5%3rd+ generation 145.3 149.4 2.8%Working-age population 193.2 255.0 32.0%% of working-age populationImmigrants(1st Generation) 16.8% 23.2%2nd Generation 8.0% 18.2%Immigrant stock 24.8% 41.4%Data source: Pew Research Center, Second-Generation Americans: A Portrait of the Adult Children of Immigrants, February 2013. Page 13.
If Borjas’s native wage loss rule applies, the descendants of 1965’s Historical American Nation will face a reduction in wages due to the presence of 1st and 2nd generation immigrants of 14.5% in 2050, up from the 8.1% loss imposed by 1st generation immigrants only that year.
Ibid, Rubenstein, vDare.com
Note especially that, since approximately 2000, MORE than 100% of all new jobs were captured by immigrants. The number of employed Americans was actually down, despite the increase in total employment!!
Regarding Demographic Impact the "Bankers' Rule of 72s" comes to mind like a Thunderbolt.
As you know, that Rule states that the Doubling Time of any Number is the number 72 divided by the annual percent increase. Thus a 2% annual increase doubles the number in 36 years, and a 7% rate doubles in appx ten years.
Thus the "Replacement level" fertility rate of a population is 2.1 children per woman (the .1 accounts for child mortality etc.) assuming there is NO Immigration.
While the fertility rates of native-born American women are now below 2, Immigrant fertility rates are much, much higher for nearly every Immigrant group . Thus the USA’s demographic track is projected to be One Billion by 2075 (see BALANCEs website, balance.org).
Worse, Fertility and Immigrant increase rates which are above 2.1 births per woman create, exponentially, a Demographic Momentum which is very difficult to stop. (This Reality the Communist Mao understood when he instituted the One Child per Family rule for China decades ago — yet Demographic Momentum has kept China growing!... Yes, a growing population usually generates a growing GDP, but almost always causes a reduced PER CAPITA GDP — the True test of the Wealth of a Nation.)
Thus, if the USA does not change course very soon, our Social and Political Cohesion will be lost as everyone will be a minority group competing with other minority groups for an increasing piece of the Jobs, Resources and Political Power "PIE". And of course the Environment will increasingly suffer as more precious Natural Habitat and Agricultural land will be developed [lost to natural or food-producing uses], and water and infrastructure resources will be increasingly stressed
And what about the Cultural Environment?
We already see accelerating disunity via the Sharia Law enclaves in Europe and the USA, and in the "California is in Mexico" signs at political gatherings.
And we see accelerating crime rates: Indeed, the Obama Administration/ICE released 30,558 Convicted Criminal Aliens into American Cities in Fiscal Year 2014 alone!! (cis.org)
The GOOD NEWS re. the USA, is that today more Americans than ever perceive the danger and so we have one last chance to reverse course. If we work very hard starting NOW to achieve zero-net Immigration (which would still allow appx. 150, 000 Immigrants per year).
BALANCE has a REAL SOLUTION:
BALANCE needs your help NOW to implement our 2016-2017 Victory Initiative Action Plan and to STOP the worsening Crisis! Encourage your Representatives to enact:
1) THE ONLY SOLUTION: A Zero-Net All-Inclusive, i.e., including “Refugees” and “Aslyees”, MORATORIUM on Legal Immigration: this would still allow 100,000 to 150,000 thousand Immigrants to obtain legal residence annually. That number — still large — compares with an estimated 1.5 million or more aliens now admitted legally to the USA annually, in addition to the uncertain number of illegal aliens. A Zero-Net Moratorium is Essential not only because of the extraordinary costs to Taxpayers saddled with providing Billions of Dollars’ worth of “Free” benefits to most of the legal immigrants and illegal aliens, but also to protect our Natural Environment from Degradation and unsustainable resource use. Drastically Reduce or eliminate H1b and related programs that bring workers and their families into the U.S., taking more American jobs and further depressing wages, and increasing Green House Gas Emissions.
Thus the Reps. Brat (R-VA) and Hice (R-GA) Bill, H.R. 604, which would end Chain Migration and augment Enforcement, is definitely a step in the Right Direction, as is the Refugee Program Restoration Act (HR4731-Goodlatt R-VA) which would reduce the refugee cap to 60,000 annually, but we really do need a Moratorium!
BALANCE supports other excellent Bills as well:
S.2266 Grassley (R-Iowa) Durbin (D-Ill) would prohibit replacement of American Workers by H1B or L-1 Visa Holders and prohibit more H1b visas if more than 50% of their workers are already on these Visas. And the “Protection of Children” Act (S.2561 — Sessions R-Ala and Johnson R-Wisc) would return children to their families in their Home Countries, but pushing a Moratorium is priority #1.
2) No More Amnesties or Sanctuary Cities: Amnesties reward Illegal Behavior with increasingly Tragic Consequences. “Sanctuary City” laws are de facto Amnesties and should be defunded and outlawed. Support “Mobilizing Against Sanctuary Cities Act”, H.R. 3002 – Rep. Barletta (R-PA) and “Enforce the Law for Sanctuary Cities Act”, H.R. 3309 – Rep. Hunter (R-CA) and H.R. 1148 – Gowdy (R-SC) which would empower local law enforcement to enforce Federal Immigration laws, as well as companion bills in the Senate authored by Senators Toomey and Cruz. Were it not for Sanctuary City laws and Open Borders policies, those many victims murdered or injured by Illegal Aliens in San Francisco, San Antonio, Las Vegas, New Jersey, Arizona, Laredo, Texas and elsewhere might be alive and well today.
For those who say it is already “too late” to save America, we respond that, UNLESS WE ACT NOW the Situation will become Worse, MUCH WORSE. IF we do not succeed, a “Third World Hell Hole” is surely in our Future. The Paris and San Bernadino Massacres are a Warning!
3) Enforce Immigration Laws — Secure the Borders: Existing laws relating to Legal Immigration and Border Security are not being enforced, primarily because of the Obama Administration's Unconstitutional Executive Orders, including tying the hands of our Border Patrol, as Arizona Sheriff Babeu has documented.
4) No Citizenship for the US-born Offspring of Illegal Aliens or Visitors: “Birth Tourism” has become a flourishing Industry in the USA, and, understandably so, since babies born in the USA are deemed (based on a judicial misinterpretation of the 14th Amendment) to be Citizens. As Citizens, they can bring their parents and other relatives into the USA as permanent legal residents — on average, seventeen relatives per Anchor Baby — eligible for Citizenship, as well as Billions in “free” Medical Care, Education, Welfare payments, Food Stamps and other taxpayer funded benefits.
5) STOP the TPP and TTIP TRADE DEALS! The TPP would not only require “free movement of persons” among member nations (of which Mexico is one), but also establish an International Commission which could Negate/Override the power of the USA to set its own immigration policy. As well, Service Providing Companies in ANY of the Member Nations could send into the USA unlimited numbers of their service providing personnel to compete with American workers, thus depressing American workers wages and eliminating many of their jobs. The Job-Killing TPP and TTIP must be stopped!
The ONLY Solution to keeping the Mass Immigration-generated Crises from getting much, much worse is to push the Administration and Congress to enact a Zero-Net MORATORIUM on Legal Immigration and seal the Borders to stop Illegal Immigration. Eisenhower Administration policies showed that many illegal aliens self-deport when authorities get tougher, as President Eisenhower did when he deported nearly 2 Million Illegals in the 1950s. Thus the claim that Mass Deportation or Mass Legalization are the only options is a false narrative. And we must push NOW so that we can generate increasing support for Bills to be enacted ASAP, but realistically no later than when a New President is in office in the Spring, 2017.
From a Political-Strategic Perspective, pushing a Zero-Net Moratorium is the ONLY WAY to delegitimize the whole Policy of Mass Immigration. Also, pushing a Moratorium is Essential to maximize Political Pressure to get some Reductions at least. BALANCE’s Moratorium Push MAXIMIZES Political Pressure NOW and thus is the most efficient use of our Activists’ time and money.
Refusing to push a Moratorium (as certain Inside-the-Beltway and other Mass Immigration [de facto] Management Groups do), is a Recipe for Failure as the past three decades have shown, since that is merely Defensive, as well as Ineffective.
Such a Refusal is, indeed, Counterproductive — merely pushing for “immigration reform,” legitimizes the continuation of Mass Immigration because it sends the message that Mass Immigration is OK if we just tweak it a little bit. And it is even worse to push for “Controlled Immigration for the National Interest” or for the two-decades old Jordan Commission Recommendation that Immigration be cut by a third, because that sends the message that Mass Immigration IS in the National Interest. Pushing to merely cut Mass Immigration by a third or a half is a failed Political, Demographic, and Security Strategy.
And a cut by a third or even a half does NOT put the USA on the path to Sustainability. Rather, it just delays the Inevitable Disintegration and Degradation for a very few years. As well, being merely Defensive increases the chances of passage of Bad Bills, e.g., Illegal Alien Amnesties, and the Issuance of Unconstitutional Executive Orders.
Pushing a Zero-Net Moratorium is key as an objective because it is reasonable and Essential for long-term Environmental and Personal Protection and for providing Sufficient Resources, INCLUDING WATER and FOOD and Money, for survival. Today, we are in the process of exceeding our long-term Carrying Capacity. We must Reverse Course NOW!
In sum, a Zero-Net Moratorium is The Necessary Condition for achieving U.S. Population Stabilization, long term Environmental Protection, Budgetary Solvency in State and Local Government (especially for our Health Care and Educational Institutions), Tax Reduction, Unemployment Reduction, Social and Cultural Cohesion and Personal Safety… and for protection of our Food and Water Supplies!
Mass Immigration is thus NOT “Just about the Numbers” as one Management Group claims. WE ARE FACING A MANY-MONTHS-LONG SERIES OF BATTLES ON THESE ISSUES, extending well into 2017. So PLEASE Help BALANCE Intensify our push for a Zero-Net Moratorium and the other Victory Initiative Positions!
Certain Well-Funded Cheap Labor Advocates on the Right, and Ethnic Power and Government Benefits Recipients on the Left, are pushing hard for further implementation of President Obama's Mass Illegal Alien Amnesty, AND FOR MASSIVE INCREASES IN LEGAL IMMIGRATION, including Refugees and Asylees!
Only our Massive Grassroots Effort can stop them! Phone Calls or Office Visits followed by Snail Mail letters are most effective (emails are often ignored and fax machines can be turned off). And please consider that BALANCE is greatly outspent by the Cheap Labor Lobby and various Ethnic Power Lobbies.
So Please Help BALANCE MOBILIZE ACTIVISTS to Intensify our push for the aforementioned ASAP! Coalition Initiatives, TODAY, NOW!
BALANCE very much needs you to make a Tax-Deductible Donation TODAY. Please DONATE at our website: www.balance.org or, to donate via U.S mail, please send to:
Population-Environment Balance | P.O. Box 268 | San Francisco, CA 94104
Population-Environment Balance | P.O. Box 268 | San Francisco, CA 94104
Washington, DC address:
Population-Environment Balance | 1629 K Street NW, Suite 300 | Washington DC, 20006
BALANCE is anti-Mass-Immigration, not anti-immigrant.
BALANCE is the leading National Organization publicizing information regarding the
Threat of Mass Immigration-generated population growth to our Environment, Nation, Budgets, and Personal Safety and Mobilizing Activists to Reduce it.